- What operating systems are supported?
- System and hardware requirements
- What graphics board should be used?
It is our aim to provide an unrivalled service to our clients. Workstations and monitors can be supplied together with our software as a turnkey system. This option ensures the optimum configuration for your ISD software. Our own technical teams are there to guide you through installation and implementation. We promise to achieve the best possible configuration with the hardware components of your choice.
What operating systems are supported?
|Windows 7||Windows Vista||Windows XP|
|HiCAD 2012||(32 Bit)|
|HiCAD 2011||(32 Bit)|
- If you use the Windows Firewall, exceptions for certain ports may be required to enable the utilisation of the Hardlock Server or the Softlock Server License. Click here to read what steps are required for this.
- If network licences are used, the following operating systems can be used for the licence server: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008.
System and hardware requirements
You can use any hardware provided with current drivers for the installed operating system. Please note, that for example the graphics drivers supports the complete open-GL command set.
Minimum Hardware Requirements for HiCAD 2012, HiCAD 2011 und HiCAD 2010 (SP 1 / SP2):
- Pentium 4-compliance with SSE2 support
- 4 GB RAM
- approx. 3 GB free disk space
- DVD drive
- fully OpenGL 2.0-capable graphics board with 128 MB RAM or more. You can use the OpenGLCapabilityTester to check whether the OpenGL capabilities of your computer are sufficient for HiCAD.
- Screen resolution 1280x1024
- Microsoft Windows 7, Vista (HiCAD 2010) or XP (HiCAD 2011 only 32 Bit) - each with latest service pack and security patches
To achieve optimal performance for large assemblies, the system should possess significantly more main memory than is considered sufficient for HiCAD at first glance. This enables the hard disk accessing operations Buffer memory, Undo and Switch drawing to be performed up to 4 times faster
- Internet access is required on the computers or servers on which the licenses are managed!
- If you have a 64 Bit version of HiCAD/HELiOS, the hardlock can no longer be used as license file selector due to missing driver support!
Optimum Hardware Equipment HiCAD 2012, HiCAD 2011 and HiCAD 2010 (August 2012):
|Computer||Fujitsu Celsius M470|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel® Xeon® Processor W3550 (8M Cache, 3.06 GHz, 4.80 GT/s Intel® QPI)|
|Main memory||16 GB, DDR3-RAM, 1333 MHz|
|Hard disk||1 SATA II disk (disk: Windows), 1 SSD SATA disk, 128 GB, 2.5 Inch (disk: HiCAD)|
|Graphics board||NVIDIA Quadro 5000 (2.5 GB)|
|Screen resolution||Full HD (1920x1080)|
Microsoft Windows 7 (64 Bit)
Appropriate database system for HELiOS utilisation:
- HiCAD/HELiOS 2011: Microsoft SQL-Server 2000 / 2005 / 2008 oder Oracle Database Server 10g / 11g R2
- HiCAD/HELiOS 2010: Microsoft SQL-Server 2000 / 2005 / 2008 oder Oracle Database Server 10g / 11g R2
What graphics board should be used?
|Manufacturer||Model||Driver||1680 x 1050||2560 x 1600|
NVIDIA Quadro 2000 (1 GB GDDR5)
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 (2 GB GDDR5)
NVIDIA Quadro 5000 (2.5 GB GDDR5)
|AMD||FirePro V3900 (1 GB DDR3)|
|FirePro V5900 (2 GB GDDR5, 512 Stream Proc.)||8.911.3.3000|
|FirePro V7900 (2 GB GDDR5, 1280 Stream Proc.)||8.911.3.3000||not yet tested|
* The higher the benchmark value, the better the performance
General test conditions for graphic boards:
- Resolution 1280x1024 Pixel
- One-screen configuration
- Install current DirectX Version before installing the graphic card driver.
- Deactivate vertical Sync. in the Open GL Settings.
- Set Direct 3D to highest performance.
- Deactivate Fog emulation